Re: white paper.

От Jutta Horstmann
Тема Re: white paper.
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Michael Dean wrote:
> To everyone: if you come up with a white paper of between 6-15 pages
> entitled "Choosing The Right Database For Your Business or Enterprise" I
> will see that it gets very wide circulation.

I wrote some stuff related to this with respect to whether and which
Open Source database to choose for your enterprise (incl. Firebird,
Ingres, MaxDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL).

The english version is part of my CS thesis "Migration to Open Source
Databases" (Oct 2005):
http://www.osdbmigration.org/misc/migrating_OSDB_jh.pdf (Part 2,
covering features, data warehouse capabilities and performance).

I published a more up-to-date version in the German Open Source Yearbook
(early 2006) - but only in german: Freie Datenbanken im
Unternehmenseinsatz (Enterprise-ready Open Source databases)
http://www.opensourcejahrbuch.de/2006/pdfs/osjb2006-04-04-horstmann.pdf

Regards,
Jutta

Jutta Horstmann         IT consultant
data in transit          email: jh@dataintransit.com
Zehdenicker Str. 25      fon:        +49.30.40526719
10119 Berlin         mob:       +49.176.61188960
Germany                 web:  www.dataintransit.com