Re: Bug #656: timestamp function generates parsing errors when used as specified in the documentation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #656: timestamp function generates parsing errors when used as specified in the documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> See the following session examples using the form given in the documentation.  'select timestamp(now());' fails
similarly.

I'm afraid you've got bit by our continuing pursuit of SQL standard
compliance.  The 7.2 release notes do point out:

Observe the following incompatibilities:
  *  The timestamp() function is no longer available. Use timestamp 'string' instead, or CAST.

but I notice that the last two examples in Table 4-17 "Date/Time Functions"
didn't get fixed.  (AFAICT there are no other places in current
documentation that claim you can do that.)