Bug #656: timestamp function generates parsing errors when used as specified in the documentation

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #656: timestamp function generates parsing errors when used as specified in the documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bron Gondwana (brong@h-r-s.com) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
timestamp function generates parsing errors when used as specified in the documentation

Long Description
See the following session examples using the form given in the documentation.  'select timestamp(now());' fails
similarly.

All systems are running Debian GNU/Linux 3.0.

... I have a pile of scripts that use the timestamp function to convert incoming date-times for comparison.  This
breakingwithout
the change being documented is causing major headaches here!

I will be reverting to 7.1.3 in the short term.

Sample Code
... Three different machines.
a) luet running 7.1.3 on i386
b) grendel running 7.2.1 on i386
c) golgotha running 7.2.1 on sparc

a)
brong@luet~>echo "select timestamp(date '2000-12-25');" | psql template1
       timestamp
 2000-12-25 00:00:00+11
(1 row)

b)
brong@grendel~>echo "select timestamp(date '2000-12-25');" | psql template1
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "date"

c)
brong@golgotha~>echo "select timestamp(date '2000-12-25');" | psql template1
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "date"

No file was uploaded with this report