Re: pg_dump/restore problem

От renneyt@yahoo.com
Тема Re: pg_dump/restore problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 04:28:47PM -0400, renneyt@yahoo.com wrote:
Does  pg_get_serial_sequence()  exist as plpgsql code? Where may I find
it? I would like to retrofit it into a 7.4.8 PG database.
No, but it shouldn't be terribly hard to do it in plpgsql; you just need
to build the right sequence name (assuming you haven't been messing with
the sequence names).

Because of time and my unfamiliarity with pg_depend, I did a quick and dirty hack that worked for me.

My schema is foo.

CREATE or REPLACE  FUNCTION foo.pg_get_serial_sequence(varchar(500), varchar(500)) RETURNS varchar(500) AS '
DECLARE
totcomments integer;
begin
  return $1||''_''||$2||''_seq'';
end;
' language 'plpgsql';

,
Because it is a hosted ISP version of PG and I do not have write access to pg_catalog I had to run the backup dump through sed to change the schema from pg_catalog to foo.

cat pgsql.dmp | sed 's/pg_catalog.pg_get_serial_sequence/foo\.pg_get_serial_sequence/g'
> pgsql.dmp2

Thanks to all for all the suggestions.