Re: Database port changing issue

От louis gonzales
Тема Re: Database port changing issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm sorry but this is wrong, localhost IS 127.0.0.1 and IS a fundamental
component of TCP/IP.  UNIX Domain sockets - known to most as file
descriptors - are entirely different!

localhost != UNIX Domain sockets!

I wish people would read up on this to stop perpetuating the
misunderstanding of 'localhost' and UNIX domain sockets.

 From below, and from what another has already mentioned - that seems
more plausible - is that with the listen_address = '*' and with IPv6
enabled, there is potentially a confliect there.