Re: Porting MSSQL to PGSQL -- triggers

От Mischa Sandberg
Тема Re: Porting MSSQL to PGSQL -- triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> How expensive is this going to be, especially for huge numbers of rows?
>
> Certainly cheaper than firing a per-row trigger.

I'm curious: I've never written a MSSQL trigger that did NOT use the
INSERTED/DELETED pseudotables (aka NEW/OLD). I know STATEMENT-level triggers
have existed in PG for a while ... but what do people use them for???

--
Engineers think that equations approximate reality.
Physicists think that reality approximates the equations.