Re: Init script for multiple postmasters

От Ola Sandbu
Тема Re: Init script for multiple postmasters
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 05/22/2006 02:33 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Nicola Mauri wrote:
>
>> In this scenario the cluster manager cannot determine wether a single
>> instance is running or down.
>> I'm going to modify initscripts and use a differente approach to probe
>> postmasters status, but I'm not sure if this is good:
>>
>> ps ax | grep postmaster | grep /var/lib/pgsql2/data2
>> ps ax | grep postmaster | grep /var/lib/pgsql/data
>>
>> What would you suggest?
>
> pg_ctl -d /var/lib/pgsql2/data2 status

My experience is that you can not know if the database is running or has
died by only checking the status flag. But if you combines these two, by
checking the PID process ID from the pg_ctl command and then use 'ps
-ax' to see that this process is really alive, then you have a proof.

rgds Ola Sandbu

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Init script for multiple postmasters
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Error in Access