Re: another seemingly simple encoding question

От Tim Allen
Тема Re: another seemingly simple encoding question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
kmh496 wrote:
> this is a forward of my problem from April.
> I have this time gone all the way and re-inited a DB from scratch,
> created a new database, documented the import procedure, set the locale
> to match but I am still having problems.
> For example, look at this match count~
> mod=# select count(*) from korean_english;
>  count
> --------
>  205323
> (1 row)
>
> mod=#
> mod=# select count(*) from korean_english where word='안녕';
>  count
> -------
>  40332
> (1 row)

You seem to be implying there is something wrong with the above results,
but you haven't given us enough information to have any idea why that's
a problem. AFAICT, it's perfectly plausible that 40332 out of the 205323
rows in that table have that particular value of the word column. If
that's not correct, you need to tell us how, otherwise no-one can help you.

One clue is that you appear to have your mail client set to use EUC-KR
encoding, not UTF-8. Perhaps whatever client you're using to put data
into your database is using that encoding too?

Tim

Tim Allen          tim@proximity.com.au
Proximity Pty Ltd  http://www.proximity.com.au/