Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding error

От Oliver A. Rojo
Тема Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>"Oliver A. Rojo" <oliverrojo@anticogroup.com> writes:
>

>>I've just recently upgraded my database from 7.4.8 to 8.0.1. Im dumping
>>data i got from my old db to my new db but eventually an error occured
>>

>>ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xd141
>>

>That's definitely not valid UNICODE (UTF-8) data.  You need to fix up
>your data.  My guess is that what you have stored isn't really UTF-8
>but something else (maybe one of the LATINn family).  If so, adjusting
>the "SET client_encoding" line in the dump file and trying again should
>help.
>
>PG is certainly moving in the direction of more rather than less
>encoding checking, so this is something you gotta deal with.
>
>            regards, tom lane

I already set encoding to unicode on my dump data but still not working.
same error encountered.

--

Oliver A. Rojo

whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally,
the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
 presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding error
От: Don Y
Сообщение: Re: ALTER SEQUENCE