Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Oliver A. Rojo" <oliverrojo@anticogroup.com> writes:
> I've just recently upgraded my database from 7.4.8 to 8.0.1. Im dumping
> data i got from my old db to my new db but eventually an error occured

> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xd141

That's definitely not valid UNICODE (UTF-8) data.  You need to fix up
your data.  My guess is that what you have stored isn't really UTF-8
but something else (maybe one of the LATINn family).  If so, adjusting
the "SET client_encoding" line in the dump file and trying again should
help.

PG is certainly moving in the direction of more rather than less
encoding checking, so this is something you gotta deal with.