Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres
Дата
Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres  (Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>)
Список pgsql-general
>> Sounds great! But why GPL? Are you looking to sell licenses?
>
> GPL is to spread it as far and wide as possible as fast as possible.

LGPL?

My concern would be, I can't use this toolkit for a closed source
application if it is GPL.

That may be your intent (which I actually don't have a business problem
with), I was just curious as to your decision.

> As is customary, GPL downloaders get no support, but folks who want a
> closer relationship with us can pursue any avenue that is reasonable for
> both of us.  We can do complete development, as we do for our current
> customers who know little and care less about the tools we use, or
> training, consulting and so forth.

Sure.

> For corporate customers, it does not matter much whether you call it a
> license or something else, some expenditures are made to support the
> customer's effort and the customer is asked to provide the funds for
> that.  Call it consulting fees, call it licensing, call it training or
> support, it is all the same thing.

O.k. so you are going to charge a corporate customer to allow them to
get their code their own?

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/