Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres

От Kenneth Downs
Тема Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres
Дата
Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Kenneth Downs wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> My company has developed an application development framework that
>> targets PostgreSQL as its back-end, with PHP in the web layer.
>>
>> We are inviting any early adopters who may wish to experiment to
>> download and install the code.   You may contact me off-list with any
>> support or other questions.
>>
>> Licensing is GPL.
>

> Sounds great! But why GPL? Are you looking to sell licenses?

GPL is to spread it as far and wide as possible as fast as possible.

As is customary, GPL downloaders get no support, but folks who want a
closer relationship with us can pursue any avenue that is reasonable for
both of us.  We can do complete development, as we do for our current
customers who know little and care less about the tools we use, or
training, consulting and so forth.

For corporate customers, it does not matter much whether you call it a
license or something else, some expenditures are made to support the
customer's effort and the customer is asked to provide the funds for
that.  Call it consulting fees, call it licensing, call it training or
support, it is all the same thing.

We also anticipate a closed commercial license for the more stable
project, where the GPL project is the wide-open bleeding edge version,
but that is down the road and a full model will have to await further
developments.

Вложения