Re: install postgre on windows XP, service failed to start.

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: install postgre on windows XP, service failed to start.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Make sure that the account under which you've installed it (i.e your
user account) has full Administrator priveledges on the machine -
otherwise you won't be able to assign the "Log on as service" right to
the postgres account - it might be worth checking if this is set anyway
- run services.msc and have a browse for the local policy "Log on as a
service".  Your postgres service user should be added to it.

Andy

Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On 5/13/06, Jeff Zhong <jeff.zhong@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I installing postgre SQL on Windowx XP
>>
>> Product: PostgreSQL 8.1 -- Error 1920. Service 'PostgreSQL Database
>> Server
>> 8.1' (pgsql-8.1) failed to start.  Verify that you have sufficient
>> privileges to start system services.
>>
>> I got this error when I try to install postgresql on windowx XP
>>
>> i am using the installer version which is from:
>>
>> ftp://ftp5.us.postgresql.org/pub/PostgreSQL/binary/v8.1.3/win32/postgresql-8.1.3-1.zip
>>

>> The user account that the service is created by the installer. I just
>> wonder
>> why it cannot start the service with that account(postgres)
>>
>> any hits are appreciated
>>
>> Regards
>> Jeff
>>

> the installation completes? if so, try to start the service by hand
> and show the error (eventlog should have a description)

Сообщение: Re: install postgre on windows XP, service failed to start.
Сообщение: Re: install postgre on windows XP, service failed to start.