Re: GUI Interface

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: GUI Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I am getting my conclusions from the fact that Desktop Linux  is just
> not popular yet, there are few if any commercial apps being written for it.

Uhh... because they are not needed :)

I run my entire business one Linux. My business is no different then any
other small business. I need:

A MS compatible Office Suite: Done. OO

A Good PDF reader: Done. Evince and Acroread

A Decent Email client: Done. Thunderbird (Evolution if you need to
connect to exchange or groupwise)

The ability to create PDFs. Done, natively with just about any tool that
can print ;)

The ability to code with tools and language of choice... This one is
obvious.

Accounting Package.. O.k. this one sits on my wife's machine and it is
quickbooks with Windows. So yes one thing is missing. And no... SQL
Ledger is not acceptable.

> Also most DBAs are not hard core OSS programmers and anyone coming from
> a commercial system is more than likely used to running the admin tools on
> windows.

I know many Oracle people who would disagree with you.

> Also a lot of people think what they think from this mailing list and I
> can tell you there are many many causual users who have never used this
> list

Well I am certain that is true... I used PostgreSQL years before I
started trolling this list with others but I still used Linux to connect ;)

Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC