Re: GUI Interface

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: GUI Interface
Дата
Re: GUI Interface  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I am not trying to be antagonistic here, but honestly curious as to
> how you are coming to your conclusions. I have been using PostgreSQL
> since before it was PostgreSQL and except for Internet Explorer/Web
> access I can tell you that most do not use Windows to manage PostgreSQL.
>
> Will that change? Oh, probably as our native Windows port gets better
> and better but right now... Meh.. I think your off your rocker :)

Well, let's do the survey thing and see, sure it will be unscientific,
but interesting regardless.

I am getting my conclusions from the fact that Desktop Linux  is just
not popular yet, there are few if any commercial apps being written for it.
Also most DBAs are not hard core OSS programmers and anyone coming from
a commercial system is more than likely used to running the admin tools on
windows.
Before there was even a windows version many many people accessed
Postgresql from windows, I know I did.
Also a lot of people think what they think from this mailing list and I
can tell you there are many many causual users who have never used this list

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design