Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

От Pepe TD Vo
Тема Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Need to download oracl-fdw?  It's hard to go thru so many processes, need to download, transfer information to somewhere, ask for permission to burn into a CD/DVD, burn a CD/DVD, file a paperwork to move software from CD/DVD to server.

Is there a way I can use those software already downloaded and transferred to the server?
I am asking where should I install ora2pg?  on oracle db server or postgres db server?  I saw DBD-Oracle-1.52 tar and DBD-pg-2.19.3.tar, http://ora2pg-samrat.blogspot.com/ but didn't say which one is install on which?

the information is not really clear and may you help me out?

thank you.

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:23 PM, "gilberto.castillo@etecsa.cu" <gilberto.castillo@etecsa.cu> wrote:

Answer interline.

El 2019-01-16 15:17, Pepe TD Vo escribió:
> sorry to ask, what is oracle_fdw

oracle_fdw is extension for pg (foreign data wrapper)

> do I need to download this oracle_fdw and where should I install it,
> on oracle server or postgresql server?

You can to install in pg server or wherever.