Re: Encoding Conversion

От jef peeraer
Тема Re: Encoding Conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
beer schreef:
> Hello All
>
> So I have an old database that is ASCII_SQL encoded.  For a variety of reasons I need to convert the database to
UNICODE. I did some googling on this but have yet to find anything that looked like a viable option, so i thought I'd
postto the group and see what sort of advice might arise. :)
well i recently struggled with the same problem. After a lot of trial
and error and reading, it seems that an ascii encoded database can't use
its client encoding capabilities ( set client_encoding to utf8 ).
i think the easist solution is to do a dump, recreate the database with
a proper encoding, and restore the dump.

jef peeraer

От: John DeSoi
Сообщение: Re: default client_encoding with psql on windows
От: Scott Lamb
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Arguments Pro/Contra Software Raid