Help on restoration

От [S] Dhandapani
Тема Help on restoration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

How to take dump based of condition i.e using where clauses in postgres?

For example i want to take dump of 1 week data from my table y and
import that 1 week data in to the same table after truncating the table

my table name is  y having field name date and my  query is of  select
*  from y where date >'2006-04-12';

how should i import  the data taken using select statement using where
condition in postgres.

Regards,
Dhandapani.
********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin@sifycorp.com

Watch India vs. England LIVE, Hot videos and more only on Sify Max! Click Here. www.sifymax.com

Get to see what's happening in your favourite City on Bangalore Live! www.bangalorelive.in