Re: Replicating PostgreSQL DB to lightweight system

От Chris
Тема Re: Replicating PostgreSQL DB to lightweight system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
pgdb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> like to know if I can replicate a PG db to another lightweight platform
> like SQLite? The objective is to "push" updates to remote
> devices(laptops, PDAs etc) from a central server, so that the data can
> be used offline. These devices are not expected to modify any data,
> accessing them thru' the small-footprint db system. Would be glad to
> hear if there are examples of existing commercial/OSS products to serve
> the purpose. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I doubt you'll find any tools to replicate between database systems..
however using pg_dump as a starting point you might be able to create
your own sqlite database and then replicate/copy that around.

You might have issues with date/time fields (don't know how sqlite
handles these) amongst other things, so you might need a script of some
sort to do some conversions.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/