Re: Socket Timeouts and fatal errors (please help)

От Koen Martens
Тема Re: Socket Timeouts and fatal errors (please help)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Doug Lochart wrote:
> Our production server is not used heavily at the moment.  What we are
> experiencing is the following:
>
> (java side)
> Sporadic (once or twice a month) Socket timeout exceptions like this:
> The call in question is simply doing some data cleanup when a user
> session expires.  Don't the the word 'Lock' worry you ... its all
> data.  This call failed on a query.
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occured while sending
> to the backend.
>         at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:214)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:430)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:332)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:324)
>         at com.capecomputing.mensana.dataaccess.MensanaConnection.getConnection(MensanaConnection.java:116)
>         at com.capecomputing.mensana.dataaccess.MensanaConnection.<init>(MensanaConnection.java:83)
>         at
com.capecomputing.mensana.dataaccess.DatabaseUpdateAction.getEncryptedParameters(DatabaseUpdateAction.java:65)
>         at
com.capecomputing.mensana.dataaccess.DatabaseUpdateAction.createEncryptedParamterList(DatabaseUpdateAction.java:39)
>         at
com.capecomputing.mensana.dataaccess.CleanupLockedPrepaidClientInvoicesAction.<init>(CleanupLockedPrepaidClientInvoicesAction.java:33)
>         at
com.capecomputing.mensana.dataaccess.MensanaDataAccess.cleanupLockedPrepaidInvoices(MensanaDataAccess.java:1685)
>         at
com.capecomputing.mensana.webportal.application.SessionEventListener.cleanupLockedPrepaidInvoices(SessionEventListener.java:62)
> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection timed out
>         at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
>         at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
>         at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
>         at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201)
>         at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:254)
>         at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1163)
>         at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:188)
>         ... 49 more

Don't know if it helps, but i had similar problems a while back.
Turned out it was caused by a misconfigured firewall reload
(flushing all the firewall rules followed by re-inserting them)
which caused outstanding network connections to be interrupted.
Doing firewall reload the proper way (load new rules in inactive
table, swap active & inactive) fixed it for me.

> An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
> Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x400EA4D3
> Function=strlen+0x33
> Library=/lib/libc.so.6

And this I have seen on occasions where the compiled libc was out of
sync with the kernel version used, but might be anything..

Best,

Koen

От: Koen Martens
Сообщение: Re: Postmaster log perms and line suffix
От: "Lane Van Ingen"
Сообщение: Re: IO query