Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I took the liberty of revising your README.txt as a native speaker :)  I
>   cleaned up the grammar a lot, etc.

Thank you very much. I added your README to patch.

New version of GIN is available:

http://www.sigaev.ru/gin/gin.gz
http://www.sigaev.ru/gin/README.txt

Changes from Try 2:
* add regression tests for &&,@,~ operators
* add regression tests for GIN over int4[] and text[]
* fix regression opr_sanity test
* update README ( by Christopher )

Open Items:  * Teach optimizer/executor that GIN is intrinsically clustered. i.e., it    always returns ItemPointer in
ascendingorder.  * Tweak gincostestimate.  * GIN stores several ItemPointer to heap tuple, so VACUUM FULL produces
thiswarning message:     WARNING:  index "idx" contains 88395 row versions, but table contains                    51812
rowversions     HINT:  Rebuild the index with REINDEX.

We appreciate any comments, help and suggestions. For third item we haven't idea  how fix it except to exclude GIN
indexfrom check.

Sorry for our persistence, but we really need to known about choice of community
about commiting or making contrib, because it will be difficult to support a big
enough patch up to date...

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/