Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.
Дата
Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Teodor Sigaev wrote:

>   * GIN stores several ItemPointer to heap tuple, so VACUUM FULL produces
>     this warning message:
>      WARNING:  index "idx" contains 88395 row versions, but table contains
>                     51812 row versions
>      HINT:  Rebuild the index with REINDEX.
>
> We appreciate any comments, help and suggestions. For third item we haven't
> idea how fix it except to exclude GIN index from check.

How about adding a column to pg_am indicating "these indexes must always
keep same tuple count as heap".  This would be true for all current AMs,
false for GIN.

Сообщение: Re: ANSI-strict pointer aliasing rules
Сообщение: Re: ANSI-strict pointer aliasing rules