Trouble with pg_dump and sequences

От Martin Marrese
Тема Trouble with pg_dump and sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I'm having problems trying to make a full backup of a database.
I search in many places but I can't find where is te mistake of my
procedure.

I'm running this command:
$ pg_dump -C -F P -o -h db1 -U postgres MAINDB > backup1

But I can't make pg_dump to backup all the sequences in the DB, only
those that are asociated with a serial field column of a table are
backed up.
All the other things, such as table, data, stored procedures, triggers
are backed up normaly.

Also tried with -n SCHEMA, and with pg_dumpall but the results remains
the same.

I'm cofused about this, I don't see where is my mistake.

Anyone can help me?

My Architecture is :
Postgres 8.0 running on a RedHat Enterprise 4, Gentoo an Debian. In this
3 machines I obtain the same result.

Thanxs
Martin

--