Re: Categories and Sub Categories (Nested)

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Categories and Sub Categories (Nested)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ian Harding wrote:
> You should look up the contrib module ltree which is made for this
> sort of thing.  If you reinvent the wheel like this, you will be stuck
> with 2 levels.  With ltree you can have as many as you need and add
> more at any time.  It lets you query for ancestors and descendants of
> any item at any level.
>
> I highly recommend it.

Ah, one of those modules I still need to investigate. It looks promising.

Can it do networked structures? That'd be kind of hard with an index on
a path when a node can have multiple parent nodes, I figure...

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.

T: ++31(0)534346874
F: ++31(0)534346876
M:
I: www.magproductions.nl
A: Postbus 416
    7500 AK Enschede

// Integrate Your World //

Сообщение: Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server
Сообщение: Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server