Re: Inserts optimization?

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Inserts optimization?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Magnus,

Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Bacula already serializes access to the database (they have to support
> mysql/myisam), so this shouldn't help.

Ouch, that hurts.

To support mysql, they break performance for _every other_ database system?

<cynism>
Now, I understand how the mysql people manage to spread the legend of
mysql being fast. They convince software developers to thwart all others.
</>

Seriously: How can we convince developers to either fix MySQL or abandon
and replace it with a database, instead of crippling client software?

> Actually, it might well hurt by introducing extra delays.

Well, if you read the documentation, you will see that it will only wait
if there are at least commit_siblings other transactions active. So when
Bacula serializes access, there will be no delays, as there is only a
single transaction alive.

HTH
Markus