Re: advice on PGSQL cluster (active/passive)

От FM
Тема Re: advice on PGSQL cluster (active/passive)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for the response,
What do you mean by " You need to configure the cluster.conf so that it
uses any fence device otherwise your nodes may fail randomly."

FYI : I'll use my APC symetra as my fencing device

thank you !

Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 08:11 -0400, FM wrote:
>> Next month I will receive my SAN and a new server. Using Redhat
>> Cluster Suite + GFS, I'd like to create a PGSQL active/passive
>> cluster.
>> Do you have some advice about this setup or advice for PGSQL
>> Clustering ?
>
> I've tried this configuration last month. You have to be sure that the
> active node is really down; and before bringing up the active node back
> again, be sure to stop postmaster on the passive node to avoid data loss
> problems.
>
> You need to configure the cluster.conf so that it uses any fence device;
> otherwise your nodes may fail randomly.
>
> I can't remember any special problems right now; but if I do I'll post
> to the list.
>
> Regards,

Сообщение: Re: advice on PGSQL cluster (active/passive)
Сообщение: Re: advice on PGSQL cluster (active/passive)