Re: how to document database

От Aaron Bingham
Тема Re: how to document database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ottavio Campana wrote:

>I need to document the  database I develop so that other people can
>easily understand how it works.
>
>I particularly want to document the stored procedures. By now I've used
>a javadoc style to document them. I can't use tools like doxygen on them
>but it is always better than nothing.
>
>I'd like to know if you're using some particular tool.

Hi Ottavio,

Have you tried PostgreSQL Autodoc (http://www.rbt.ca/autodoc/)?  It
generates HTML documentation (or other formats) directly from your
database.  It will use the comments added to the DB with the 'comment
on' statement.  It can also generate graphical representations of your
schema using various tools, including Graphviz.

Regards,

Aaron Bingham
Senior Software Engineer
Cenix BioScience GmbH
Tatzberg 47                       phone: +49 (351) 4173-146
D-01307 Dresden, Germany          fax:   +49 (351) 4173-198