Re: serious problems with vacuuming databases

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: serious problems with vacuuming databases
Дата
Re: serious problems with vacuuming databases  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
> Probably the indexes are bloated after the vacuum full.  I think the
> best way to get rid of the "fat" is to recreate both tables and indexes
> anew.  For this the best tool would be to CLUSTER the tables on some
> index, probably the primary key.  This will be much faster than
> VACUUMing the tables, and the indexes will be much smaller as result.

I guess you're right. I forgot to mention there are 12 composed indexes
on the largest (and not deleted) table B, having about 14.000.000 rows
and 1 GB of data. I'll try to dump/reload the database ...

t.v.

Сообщение: Re: serious problems with vacuuming databases
Сообщение: Re: serious problems with vacuuming databases