Re: serious problems with vacuuming databases

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: serious problems with vacuuming databases
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tomas Vondra wrote:
> > Probably the indexes are bloated after the vacuum full.  I think the
> > best way to get rid of the "fat" is to recreate both tables and indexes
> > anew.  For this the best tool would be to CLUSTER the tables on some
> > index, probably the primary key.  This will be much faster than
> > VACUUMing the tables, and the indexes will be much smaller as result.
>
> I guess you're right. I forgot to mention there are 12 composed indexes
> on the largest (and not deleted) table B, having about 14.000.000 rows
> and 1 GB of data. I'll try to dump/reload the database ...

Huh, I didn't suggest to dump/reload.  I suggested CLUSTER.  You need to
apply it only to tables where you have lots of dead tuples, which IIRC
are A, C and D.

Сообщение: Re: serious problems with vacuuming databases
Сообщение: Re: serious problems with vacuuming databases