Re: PITR Based replication ...

От Robin Iddon
Тема Re: PITR Based replication ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Andy Shellam wrote:

>Robin,
>
>On my part it's simply the fact that I currently have two servers in
>different geographical locations - and cost of new hardware is a huge issue.
>

>I have, however, recently developed an interest in rsync but I'm unsure as
>to how PG on the standby server would handle a complete rsync'd data
>directory.
>
>Andy

Andy - agreed that DRBD is not appropriate for WAN-type environments (at
least not unless the database is mostly read-only).

There has just recently been a fairly extensive discussion on this list
about how best to replicate the WAL files between two machines - I have
no direct experience of this myself so will not comment on whether or
not rsync is suitable.

Cheers,
Robin