Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl newbie!

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl newbie!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
lmyho wrote:

>>>Things to check when PostgreSQL doesn't seem to start:
>>>In your case, if PostgreSQL is hanging, I would suspect that the problem
>>>is likely to be with something else.  Hopefully there would be info in
>>>the serverlog that would help.
>>>

>>What I'm guessing is that the server started just fine, but the Debian
>>initscript is trying to connect to it (to verify that it started) and
>>that's failing because of the change in authentication options.  You
>>might have to remove the -w option from pg_ctl, or some such, in the
>>script ... or else fix things so that root is allowed to connect ...
>>

>To fix this you will ideally want to be familiar enough with the init
>script system to be able to edit it.  In most distros (never used
>Debian) it is in /etc/init.d/ and is named something like postgresql.
>Look in there.  If you can't figure it out, you can post it in the email.
>

>I will do to check about it.  But I am not sure if I can fix something as I am new to Debian too,:( just installed it
lastweek, one of the purpose is to use postgresql.  Unfortunately, only a beginner at this time for both systems.:(

It is usually a simple shell script that starts/stops PostgreSQL.  At
least the ones that come with the PostgreSQL source are pretty easy to
understand.

>I may post back the info of the init file,  I know there is postgresql in the init.d directory.  And hope to get your
furtherhelp from that.

That would be the file.
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

Вложения

От: lmyho
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl newbie!
От: Grega Bremec
Сообщение: Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.