Re: 7.4 --> 8.0/8.1 upgrade

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: 7.4 --> 8.0/8.1 upgrade
Дата
Re: 7.4 --> 8.0/8.1 upgrade
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Marlowe wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 19:47, sh test wrote:
>

>>Hello admins!
>>
>>i need to collect as much information
>>
>>pro/cons on a possible upgrade from
>>
>>7.4 ---> 8.0/8.1 version
>>
>>Aside from getting our users vote on this, I wanted to ask you first
>>in order to collect any possible issues one might run into from
>>upgrading to such
>>versions.
>>

>Downside:  You gotta dump and reload, or use slony to minimize the
>downtime, but you need a spare machine to do that.
>
>Upside:  Everything else.  PostgreSQL 8.x series has a lot of
>performance improvements.

When I upgraded from 7.4.2 to 8.1.3, I lost the oid fields in some
tables which caused some issues with one application.

I suspect that the better path is to upgrade (without dump/reload) to
the most recent 7.4 release and then dump/reload when upgrading to 8.1.x
but I am not 100% sure.

If you don't WANT OID's in your table (they were dropped for a reason,
you know), then this is not a concern.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

Вложения

От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!
От: "Milen A. Radev"
Сообщение: Re: 7.4 --> 8.0/8.1 upgrade