Re: Table permissions

От Milen Dzhumerov
Тема Re: Table permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Milen Dzhumerov wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately if I try to submit it, it gives me some
>> error.
>>

> You need to post your exact input and the exact output.  Otherwise we're
> just guessing.
>

>> My other
>> question is who has access to the pg_catalog.* tables?
>>

> Everybody.
>

>> And are these tables per database
>> or shared across PgSQL?
>>

> Most of them are per database, only a few of them are shared.
>

>> Is is true that every user can check if
>> he/she has access to a particular table and examine the ACL string?
>>

> Yes.
>

>> And how can I determine if a user can change permissions for other
>> users?
>>

> You can check the grant options available to the user.

I just worked out the query which does the job and wanted to post it so
if anyone wants in the future can refer to this thread. Here's the query:

SELECT pg_catalog.pg_class.relacl AS permissions FROM
pg_catalog.pg_class WHERE pg_catalog.pg_class.relname = 'table_name' AND
pg_catalog.pg_class.relnamespace IN (SELECT pg_catalog.pg_namespace.oid
FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace WHERE pg_catalog.pg_namespace.nspname =
'schema_name');

Kind regards,
gamehack

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: database locale and system locale
От: "Sriram Dandapani"
Сообщение: Re: WAL file naming convention