Re: JDBC conncetion fails, please, advise

От Robin Iddon
Тема Re: JDBC conncetion fails, please, advise
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Is your client machine on the same machine as the database?

Your pg_hba.conf file needs to have an entry in it that covers your
client machine.  It's not 100% clear from your post whether you've
achieved that or not (I think you've added your server to the
pg_hba.conf, not your client).

So if my server is on 192.168.2.1 and my client is 10.10.10.1 then the
pg_hba.conf file needs:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

# IPv4 non-local connections:
host    all           all        10.10.10.1/32       trust

And the jdbc connect string will be something like
jdbc:postgresql://192.168.2.1/my_database

Can you post your pg_hba.conf file?

Cheers,
Robin