Re: Nightly builds

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Nightly builds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:

>On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 05:30:28AM -0800, Davidson, Robert wrote:
>

>>How amazing is that? I call it a night and come back to find that a bug has been identified and patched while I
sleep.

>>When will it appear in the binaries (I see that the release version is still 8.1.3)? I thought about trying to
compilefrom source, but after looking at the mingw page was too intimidated by figuring out what to download to try
compilingsource.

>We generally don't worry about point releases too much unless there's a
>pretty serious bug, so it'll probably take a while.
>
>Unfortunately I don't know of anyone building nightly binaries. This is
>something we should think about doing, especially for windows...

What for? The only binaries we should be letting out are for declared
releases. If the bug is serious enough to warrant cutting a generally
distributed binary for, it's worth making a release for, IMNSHO. The
Windows packaging team usually follow up a release with a package very
quickly indeed.

cheers

andrew