Re: Archive Command Configuration

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Archive Command Configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Hi Steve,
>
>   Thanks! for the quick reply,  I thought about rsync too, but wasnt
> sure about completely how it handles partial files. I use rsync for all
> the backups, it works fine for all the application except for our mail
> application it copies the files but at the end of the job it gives me
> message like

> send_files failed to open //this/file/ : No such file or directory
>
> rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(1158)
>

>  Considering it is copying all our mail messages and it takes a lot of
> time to rsync the whole thing, there might be changes to the file or
> file gets deleted completely from time it gets the files to rsync and do
> the actual rsync.

Not to worry. I see this from time to time as well. Rsync builds a list
of files to sync and then syncs them. If a file is deleted between the
time rsync builds the list and when it tries to process that file, it
will return that error.

BTW, if you haven't done so already, check out version 2.6.7 released a
week or so ago. There are some nice enhancements to the include/exclude
code, a --prune-empty-dirs option so when your exclude options eliminate
all the files in a directory you don't end up creating an empty
directory on the target machine, and an --append option to improve
efficiency when transferring files that are only appended to, not
changed (great for logs and such).

Cheers,
Steve