Re: have you feel anything when you read this ?

От Eugene E.
Тема Re: have you feel anything when you read this ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Eugene E. wrote:
>
>>you may decide to print something else, aint'you ?
>>BUT
>>if they print them then they at least OUTPUT them.
>

> I'm not sure what you are getting at here.  The only data type in
> PostgreSQL that has a notion of null bytes is bytea, and bytea prints
> out null bytes in unambigious form.

the bytea does not output NULs at all.
don't mock me.

>  Note that printing out a space
> will lose the null byte on restore,

ok, if you or they or me miscall OUTPUT "the printing"
then "print" NUL-byte itself to preserve it on restore.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: have you feel anything when you read this ?
Сообщение: Re: have you feel anything when you read this ?