Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important

От Satoshi Nagayasu
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

Luke Lonergan wrote:
>>I figure I can back it up...).  What would people like to hear about?
>
> How about future plans, so to speak?  You've made some pretty significant
> improvements for 8.1 (virtual tuples, the caching algorithm, etc), what's on
> deck for 8.2 and beyond?

I'm *really* *really* interested in making PostgreSQL to be vacuum-less.
Can we have a vacuum-less PostgreSQL in the future? How?

If you have any ideas, I *really* want to hear about that from you.
It will be a next generation of PostgreSQL. :)

Thanks.
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <nagayasus@nttdata.co.jp>

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important Update
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important Update