Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Satoshi,

> I'm *really* *really* interested in making PostgreSQL to be vacuum-less.
> Can we have a vacuum-less PostgreSQL in the future? How?

I've heard a couple other requests for dealing with vaccuum.  I think a
"Fixing Vacuum Round-Table" might be a valuable session if we have someone to
lead it.   You ready?

To be clear: this is a meeting of PostgreSQL contributors.  We can, and will,
have sessions which are problem-solving round tables and not one-way
presentations with slides.

Also, Tom, here's one which might be good: a "TODO" round-table led by you and
Bruce, where we talk about the todo list, the things that are likely to get
done, the things which aren't, what else should be on there, etc.

Another talk I'd like to see ... but I don't know who would give it ... would
be one on "Exotic PostgreSQL" which would survey Time Travel, TelegraphCQ,
Postgres-R, QBE, etc.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions