Re: About how to use "exception when ??? then "

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: About how to use "exception when ??? then "
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Emi Lu wrote:

>> <snip> From the page:
>> "The PL/pgSQL condition name for each error code is the same as the
>> phrase shown in the table, with underscores substituted for spaces.
>> For example, code 22012, DIVISION BY ZERO, has condition name
>> DIVISION_BY_ZERO. Condition names can be written in either upper or
>> lower case.
>
>> (Note that PL/pgSQL does not recognize warning, as opposed to error,
>> condition names; those are classes 00, 01, and 02.)"
>
> That means pl/pgsql will not recognize error codes under classes 00, 01,
> 02.

Correct - they are informational rather than errors. I'm not sure what
it would mean to trap "successful completion" for example.

> Is there a way, I can output error code?
> exception
>  when ... then
>  when others then
>   raise notice '%, %', SQLSTATE, SQLERRM;
>
> But it seems that SQLERRM and SQLSTATE did not work for me. By the way,
> I am using postgresql 8.0.1.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release-8-1.html

See section E.4.3.9 - they were defined in 8.1

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: