Re: postgresql-R

От Louis Gonzales
Тема Re: postgresql-R
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hey Jim,
Thanks again for the pointer to this.  I've already compiled and
installed on one of the two Solaris nodes, that I needed to.  Yeah upon
further reading, I can't wait for Slony-II to come out - is there truth
behind the "anyday" rumor? - is it also true that it's going to
implement the true multi-master scenario, where updates can be made at
any of the clustered nodes.

I'm going to deploy the "slon worker process" locally on every
participating node, rather than letting the master host the "slon"
processes for every cluster participant, for performance reasons.

I will also join the Slony mailing list, very cool stuff.

         Kind Regards,