Re: JSP pages don't work with database after postgres downgrade

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: JSP pages don't work with database after postgres downgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Phill Edwards wrote:

>I recently had to downgrade a version of postgres on a devleopment box
>from 7.3.2 to 7.2.2 to bring it in line with a production server. I
>reinstalled postgres, postgres-server and postgres-jdbc. Now when I
>try to run pages from a web application written in JSP using
>apache/tomcat they don't work.
>
>By "don't work" I specifically mean that the 1st page is one where the
>user's username and password are checked against a table in the
>database. This is coming back with a logon failed message even though
>I know that the username and password are correct. So I am assuming
>that the JSP pages are having trouble connecting to the database.

To help you, we would need to know a)  if you can run a very simple jsp
test to ensure that database connectivity is occuring (i.e. can you pull
and display a record) and b) if you are using an cryptography (like MD5)
in your password checks.

>Does anyone know how I can go about debugging this to find the root of
>the problem?

You can set the debug level up on PostgreSQL.  This is done by modifying
the startup script.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: JSP pages don't work with database after postgres downgrade
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: is it possible to get current_user inside security definer function ?