Re: Question about the contrib rpm ?

От Chris
Тема Re: Question about the contrib rpm ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
DANTE ALEXANDRA wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout a écrit :
>
>> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 02:17:16PM +0100, DANTE ALEXANDRA wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> We are working with PostGreSQL since november 2005, and ours
>>> questions are automatically those of novice persons, that's why your
>>> answer suprises us.
>>>
>>> The aim of our question about the "contrib" rpm was to understand why
>>> this package exists, what it is used for, and how generate it. We
>>> know that we are building our own rpm, but by doing this, we also
>>> test PostGreSQL on an IA64 platform...
>>>

>> Sure. The contrib rpm contains everything in the contrib directory.
>> Look in there if you want to see what it is. They have README files.
>>
>> The reason nobody can help you here is because not a lot of people here
>> know anything about rpms at all and thus don't know how to answer your
>> question. If you compile the stuff in contrib and include it in your
>> main package, fine. It's just seperated out because not everybody needs
>> it. It's not part of the core postgresql.
>>
>> Have a nice day,
>>

> Thank you for your answer.
> We will try to generate a "contrib" rpm from the contrib directory on an
> IA64 platform with the Intel compiler icc.

You could always take the .src.rpm and recompile it. It will create the
same packages as postgresql does (so -libs, -contrib, -devel etc) but
using your icc compiler.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Is the "ACCESS EXCLUSIVE" lock for TRUNCATE really necessary?