Re: Automatic free space map filling

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Automatic free space map filling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Csaba Nagy wrote:
>> So he rather needs Hannu Krosing's patch for simultaneous vacuum ...
>>

> Well, I guess that would be a good solution to the "queue table"
> problem. The problem is that I can't deploy that patch on our production
> systems without being fairly sure it won't corrupt any data... and I
> can't rely on non-production testing either. Basically I'm waiting to
> see Tom saying it will fly :-)

That patch is a step forward if it's deemed OK by the powers that be.
However, autovacuum would still need to be taught to handle simultaneous
vacuums.  I suppose that in the interim, you could disable autovacuum
for the problematic queue table and have cron issue a manual vacuum
command for that table at the required frequency.

Anyone up for working on / testing / improving Hannu's patch?  I think
it's beyond my skill set.

Matt

Сообщение: Re: Foreign keys for non-default datatypes
Сообщение: Re: Foreign keys for non-default datatypes