Re: call an external script from pgsql

От Olivier Boissard
Тема Re: call an external script from pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>Am Donnerstag, 2. März 2006 16:53 schrieb Olivier Boissard:
>

>>I would like to call an external "shell" script from a trigger.
>>I use actually pgplsh. It works fine but there is a lot of problem with
>>special characters.
>>

>Details please.
>

>>In addition I can not compile this language any more..
>>

>Details please.
>

>>Do you know others solutions to call an external script?
>>Is it possible with python ?
>>

>plperlu and plpythonu also work.

I created a trigger on a table that contains different log information.
This trigger launched a plsh function that execute a shell script to
print le new record a the table (with CUPS)
It worked fine but when I upgrated postgresql 7.4 -> 8.1 I was unable to
recompile properly pgplsh. So I  copied old libraries and sql files from
a backup.
It works .
When I make a dump (pg_dump and psql ) the restoration fails because of
specific characters used in pgplsh. And I realized that there is poor
documentation on the web.
That is the reason why I consider now to change this system.

Olivier

Вложения

От: Grega Bremec
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql and uPortal
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: session variable and/or global variable in plpgsql