Re: Installation Postgres 8.1.3 on Linux Suse 9.1

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: Installation Postgres 8.1.3 on Linux Suse 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You also need termcap (or another terminal emulator) to get readline working with PostgreSQL.  If you need I can send you termcap 1.3.1 (the latest as far as I know.)

If however you don't want command string support, you can add --without-readline to the configure command.

As far as I know readline support is mainly for command string (so you can see what queries are being run on the server etc) and for the psql client, so you can use command history etc.

Also you can get readline 5.0 source code and compile it on your system - I can also send this to you if necessary, just takes about a minute to compile depending on your system spec.

Regards

Andy

Moritz Bayer wrote:
Hello list,

I've got a problem installing postgres on my Linux machine. The Linux Version is Suse 9.1 and had a 7.4 postgres-version installed. Now I wanted to update to 8.1.3 using the source files, when I run into the following problem after using the ./configure - command.
The running of the script failed saying I have to get "readline" on my system working. Well, "readline" is already installed, in Version 4.3. There are new Versions out (5), but not for Suse 9.1. So I don't know what to do now. I know that I can run the configure-script with the option without-readline, but before I do so I would like to know what readline is for and - if I run installation without readline -, what features won't work on my database server.

So please list, make me a little smarter!
Thanks in advance,
Moritz
!DSPAM:43fc3360296741875717849!

--
the mail network - an alternative in a standardised worldAndy Shellam
the mail network (Server Support)

0 845 838 0879  Phone
www.mailnetwork.co.uk  Web
andy.shellam@mailnetwork.co.uk  E-mail

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Installation Postgres 8.1.3 on Linux Suse 9.1
Сообщение: Re: Installation Postgres 8.1.3 on Linux Suse 9.1