Re: Delete performance

От Arnau
Тема Re: Delete performance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

> The usual cause of slow deletes is that (a) the table is the target of
> some foreign key references from other large tables, and (b) the
> referencing columns in those tables aren't indexed.

   This is a thing I don't understand, as far as I know the foreign keys
references to primary keys and postgresql creates itself and index over
the primary key, so those columns always should be indexed. Taking into
account Tom's observation I'm missing something, could you explain it to
all of us :)

Thanks
--
Arnau