Re: User Defined Types in Java

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: User Defined Types in Java
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm not suggesting that we remove the current way of doing things. I
understand that if we did that, it would cause problem for everyone that
has created scalar types up to this day. What I'm proposing is an
alternative way of doing this, not a replacement. And as things stand
today, I'd be happy if this alternative way was the only way to create a
type that didn't use C functions (hence, no need for a special construct
to create a shell type). That wouldn't break anything.

What I'm proposing should be an addition that also can be seen as the
beginning of a path to migrate the CREATE TYPE construct to conform with
the SQL 2003 standard.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren