Re: Getting the length of varlength data using PG_DETOAST_DATUM_SLICE

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Getting the length of varlength data using PG_DETOAST_DATUM_SLICE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Have you looked at the 8.1.X buildin function pg_column_size()?

Thanks Bruce for the lead.  I didn't know what to grep for; this helps.

The header comment for that function says
"Return the size of a datum, possibly compressed"

I take it the uncompressed length is not available -- that this is as close as
I'm going to get.  I haven't traced through the function yet; maybe it does what
I need.  I'll look at this some more now that I have a starting point.

Thanks again!

mark