Re: Please, help! About database cluster and adding to

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Please, help! About database cluster and adding to
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sergey Karin wrote:
> Hi, List!
>
> Lets suppose the next situation...
>
> We create database cluster (via initdb) on some disk. Then we create and use
> a database that can be very large. In some moment the database occupy all
> disk space allicated to cluster.
> The question is: are there any abilities in PostgreSQL to use for created
> cluster additional disk space in new other disk? Similar ability exist in
> Informix...

Well, there are various filesystem add-ons that allow you to have
virtual partitions spread over one or more physical disks. I'm guessing
you're not using any of those.

You can move the WAL to a different disk and use table-spaces to
relocate tables and indexes. See the manuals for tablespace setup and
check the mailing-list archives for how to do it the hard way with
symbolic links if you're running an old version of PG.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Shared Database across multiple servers using OCFS2
Сообщение: Re: Shared Database across multiple servers using OCFS2